In this episode, Tara Troy Doyon, Petrus Development Consultant, engages us with 10 tips for Donor Zoom Calls. This Petrus Lunch and Learn session is so helpful in wading through all the changes we are dealing with in this new time for fundraising. Tara breaks the process down so easily and makes it achievable. Let us know what tips you try.
Tara's 10 Tips:
1. Outline what you want to say
2. Practice your session
3. Create an appropriate environment
4. Dress professionally
5. Invite participants to the meeting in a manner that is consistent to your regular communication style with them
6. Begin the meeting with prayer
7. Acknowledge the awkwardness of the situation
8. Follow standard development practices
9. After the call, send a handwritten thank you card or note
10. Schedule additional calls, use this time as a good reason to reach out to people that geographically make it hard to visit
If you have questions, or want to share a success story, email me at [email protected] or send us a Facebook message. We’re always happy to help. God bless.
Be bold and the Lord will provide. #thistooshallpass
"In a conference, what I'm really looking for is the practical TOOLS on how to do your job well and the MOTIVATION to go out and be ready to get back to work. I've gotten both of those things from Petrus. I'm really excited to get back home and HUSTLE and really put my all into it."