Development Committee Discussion on Facebook Live
How can a development committee increase the effectiveness of your development office?
What is a development committee, and how does it function?
Recently Petrus Development President Andrew Robison was on site with Steve Nache from Lumen Christi Institute in Chicago. They had the opportunity to discuss the success of the Lumen Christi Institute’s development committee on Facebook Live , and they explained how other organizations can begin their own development committee and put it to work to increase fundraising effectiveness.
Some of the questions answered in the video include:
- How does the development committee work at the Lumen Christi Institute?
- What is the primary function of a development committee?
- How often does Lumen Christi Institute’s committee meet, and what does a typical meeting look like?
- Who should be on the committee?
- How did Lumen Christi Institute’s development committee help them to turn a $500 gift into a $5,000 gift?
Does your ministry have a development committee? What is one suggestion from your experience that makes the committee most effective? Or, if your ministry does not have a development committee, what is holding you back? Let us know in the comments below!
Want to keep up with more content like this? Follow Petrus Development on Facebook!
Since 2005, Petrus Development has worked with over 100 faith-based organizations to recruit and train development officers and build sustainable development programs. If your organization wants to learn more about working with Petrus Development, please contact us at [email protected].
Enjoy this article?
Sign up below to be notified each time we post a new article.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.