Posted: March 2020
University Catholic Center
Summary of Position
The University Catholic Center seeks a development associate to assist in fundraising to support our mission; to invite the University of Texas community into a transformative encounter with Jesus Christ and provide Catholic formation for lifelong discipleship, leadership, and service. Our staff of 10 is highly collaborative, close-knit, interfaith, committed to our mission, and eager to bring new colleagues into our team.
The Development Associate will assist the Development Manager by focusing on the creation and execution of our annual appeals, multi-faceted donor stewardship, processing online and cash donations, utilizing our fundraising database through data entry and reporting functions, and acquiring grant funding through writing and reporting.
- $37,500-$47,500 depending on education and experience
- Health/Dental benefits provided by Diocese of Austin
- 403(b) employer match available after 1 year of employment
- Free parking on location (premium benefit of work around UT Campus)
- Work/life balance considerations with ability to occasionally work remotely
Areas of Focus
- Annual Fund
- Content writing for 3-4 annual appeals, building off of years of archives with minor adaptations
- Send the appeals through our digital marketing client (Mailchimp) and our social media (Facebook)
- Coordinate the printing and mailing with a third party service
- Coordinate mass announcements and parishioner stewardship for each appeal (if necessary)
- Donor Stewardship
- Send annual tax letters and other functions using mail merge
- Ensure donors are thanked via handwritten notes, calls, printed letters, emails, or text message
- Send donor stewardship updates like electronic newsletters and the printed annual report
- Assist the Development Manager with fundraising events (receptions, benefit dinners, tailgates, etc.).
- Gift Processing
- Electronic gifts: manage our electronic giving service (WeShare by LPI) by updating user profiles and managing recurring gift programs
- Cash/Check/Offertory contributions: process through our weekly team of money-counting volunteers and bank deposit procedure
- Venmo contributions: track donations and ensure proper reporting
- Database Management
- Ensure all contributions are entered into our Fundraising Database (eTapestry by Blackbaud)
- Keep donor accounts updated, perform regular data reports, conduct database update projects
- Coordinate data intake like annual student registrations
- Grant Writing, Reporting, & Stewardship
- In communication with the Development Manager and Director of Campus Ministry, research potential foundations, strategize grant applications, write proposals, and track award status.
- Report grant funding ROI through annual report and specific program-oriented reports
- Solicit information from staff for grant writing and reporting on ministry outcomes
- Ensure that the Development Manager and/or Director of Campus Ministry visit with foundation trustees/representatives
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years (or HS diploma and 5+ years) of experience in non-profit, ministry, or office administration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ideally in persuasion or sales
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Word and Excel, as well as database management (CRM) platforms
- Intermediate skill in content creation software such as Adobe, MS Publisher, Canva, Mailchimp, etc.
- Ability to both independently organize and prioritize work with little supervision, while also collaborating highly with Development Manager and any volunteers or interns to accomplish weekly tasks.
- Experience in grant writing and managing volunteers is preferred.
- Schedule flexibility: occasional evenings/Sundays and extra hours required, balanced with comp time to average 40 hours per week (workload greater in the academic year and less in the summer)
Apply with resume, cover letter and writing sample (funding appeal, donor acknowledgement, grant proposal, etc.) to Fr. Larry Rice, CSP, director on Indeed: https://www.indeed.com/job/development-associate-48b0743e6748b5a2