Posted: July 2020
Frostburg State University | Archdiocese of Baltimore.
Summary of Position
Frostburg State University and Divine Mercy Catholic Church seeks candidates for a College Campus and Young Adult Minister. The mission of College Campus and Young Adult Ministry in the Archdiocese of Baltimore is to create, form and develop missionary disciples of Jesus Christ for the Catholic Church on college/university campuses and in pastorates across the Archdiocese. The Catholic Campus Minister at Frostburg State University works to develop outreach and support for students who are active, passive, and/or disengaged in their faith throughout the university, including faculty and staff, as well as the collegiate and young adult parishioners of the Divine Mercy Parish and in collaboration with the Catholic Leaders of Mountain Maryland (CALMM).
Criteria for Employment
- Fully initiated and practicing Catholic with a strong working knowledge of and enthusiasm for the Catholic faith, with desire and ability to relate to others of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds and all walks of life
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution, preferably in Theology, Religious Studies, or related field
- Prior experience in a leadership role in Campus Ministry or Young Adult Ministry
- Experience in social media and digital communication and culture
- Ability and compelling desire to reach out to students and young adults on the peripheries of faith and society; to invite them to a personal encounter with Christ, and to walk with them on their faith journey
- Excellent organizational skills, confident decision maker, creative solution seeker, flexible with schedule changes, possess strong collaboration skills, and the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately
- An understanding of comprehensive young adult ministry as set forth by the USCCB in Empowered by the Spirit and Sons and Daughters of the Light
- Willingness to live in the private apartment at the Newman Center
- Ability to maintain good stewardship of facility and financial management.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed for the ministry
- Cultivate and maintain visible, proactive, collaboration and communication with the university students, staff, and faculty as well as the pastoral staff at Divine Mercy Parish.
- Foster the development of a mature Christian conscience within the individuals of the collegiate and young adult community through conversation, group formation, and scheduled programs.
- Build and grow a young adult community of faith who learn and grow deep friendships with each other on Frostburg State University campus and in the local community of Divine Mercy Parish.
- Build and grow formation and evangelization activities assisting students in the exploration, development, and appropriation of their faith that lead to a conversion experience supported by opportunities for sacramental preparation.
- Build and grow an active and vibrant Liturgical ministry on campus as well as provide opportunities for spiritual growth through retreat and a variety of prayer forms.
- Build and grow a service and justice ministry with activities, outreach, and formation grounded in Catholic Social Teaching.
- Build, grow, and mentor a student leadership team in planning, implementing, and evaluating ministry activity.
- Build, grow, and mentor a young adult leadership team in planning, implementing, and evaluating ministry activity for those in their late teens, 20’s and 30’s in collaboration with CALMM.
- Create and nurture a supportive environment where college students and young adults can have fun while living out their faith.
- Perform other duties as required
Applications are being accepted through the Archdiocese of Baltimore’s website: https://archbalt.jobs.net/en-US/job/college-campus-and-young-adult-minister/J3N5ST6DZXSH0QK26N2