Posted: August 2023
Penn & Drexel Newman Center at St. Agatha St. James (Philadelphia, PA)
The Penn & Drexel Newman Center at St. Agatha-St. James Parish is an apostolic Catholic community, entrusted to Mary, that works with the university community and families to live a full Christian Life as “missionary disciples”. We are in a period of growth, as we look to launch a bold 5-year Strategic Plan to build a culture of “Missionary Discipleship.” You will be part of a team, in which you will be supported with great resources to fulfill your job of sharing our stories with others!
The Communications Manager is responsible for overseeing the development and execution of the communication plan for the Parish and campus ministries at the University of Pennsylvania and Drexel University. This includes but is not limited to: managing the parish and Newman websites; designing promotional materials, both printed and digital; creating development materials including newsletters and appeals; managing email listservs & social media presence.
Type: Full-Time, Exempt, 40hrs/wk, work can be partially remote.
Experience: 1-5 years experience
Pay/Benefits: Starting at $50k/year, commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, retirement package
Supervisor: Patrick Travers, Newman Director
The ideal candidate…
- Is able to enter into the spirit of our ministry and to communicate our mission with joy and passion;
- Has strong design aesthetic, is a visual problem solver, and strong writing skills;
- Can oversee interns;
- Takes initiative, is highly motivated and ambitious, great communicator, quick learner, organized, able to see the big picture and plan ahead, able to collaborate, and social skills;
- Familiar with Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite, Google Suite, Squarespace, and social media platforms.
- Practicing Roman Catholic and affinity with the overall mission of the Catholic campus ministry.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Physical presence in the Philadelphia area
- Studies and experience in Marketing, Communications, or similar field (1-5 years of experience)
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Self-starter, proactive in implementing new initiatives
- Skills in graphic design, social media, photography, video editing, and website design
- Proficiency with design software (Adobe Creative Suite, Canva)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, and Google Suite
- Work with Newman Director to develop, implement & evaluate an effective communications plan across all platforms, including social media and website.
- Manage entire online presence of the organization - Keep 3 websites up to date, send out regular email newsletters, maintain and update social media accounts and the weekly church bulletin.
- Create a variety of digital and print media (emails, flyers, newsletters, brochures, annual reports, social media graphics, videos, emails) for events of various sizes (weekly, monthly, quarterly).
- Work closely with the Development Team to support and grow our development efforts.
- Develop and lead the Newman Center & Parish’s storytelling in multimedia.
- Increase the organization's visibility and brand recognition.
- Monitor and report on digital media activities.
- Oversee & delegate tasks to interns.
- Coordinate communication with other related groups & media outlets as required.
How to Apply:
If you’d like to work with us, please send your resume and cover letter to Patrick Travers, the Newman Director at [email protected], as well as 2 referral letters and samples of your work.