Posted: July 2023
Diocese of Crookston
The Catholic Diocese of Crookston and the Diocese of Crookston Catholic Community Foundation seeks a full-time Stewardship and Development Director / Foundation Executive Director in Crookston, MN. The ideal candidate is a practicing Catholic, as well as a self-motivated and team-orientated professional of high integrity who possesses a great work ethic and is passionate about fulfilling the
Catholic Church’s mission.
This is a full-time position and hybrid eligible. This position does require frequent time in the Diocese of Crookston Pastoral Center, as well as occasional evening and weekend work and some travel within northwest Minnesota.
Single and family health insurance available with HSA and FSA options; Single or family dental options; Vacation, sick, holiday, holy day, bereavement, and retreat days; Employer-paid life and long-term disability insurance; Employer-paid retirement and optional 403(b) plan.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree and five years of experience in philanthropy or customer service focused positions required.
- Experience interacting with and facilitating engagement of donors and volunteer leaders required.
- Advanced knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database software, to include Blackbaud’s Raisers Edge NXT, strongly preferred.
- Must be a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church.
- Proven ability to generate creative solutions for stewarding donors.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, planning and implementation skills required.
- Experience creating, executing, and/or supporting, and overseeing a comprehensive donor acknowledgement and recognition plan.
- Excellent social skills, with large groups as well as individuals required.
- Experience with MS Office Suite including SharePoint and other data-sharing sources.
- Experience writing various fundraising materials, including grant applications, case statements, appeal letters, annual reports.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization and time management skills as well as a strong attention to detail.
- Manage donor relations and develop strategic plans to build the Diocese of Crookston Catholic Community Foundation through annual and legacy gifts.
- Supervise mailings for the Stewardship Office including the Diocesan Annual Appeal, St. Mary’s Mission Appeal and Summer Appeal.
- Prepare grant requests.
- Develop and plan presentations for the Diocesan Finance Council (Board of Directors) and other consultative groups.
- Provide oversight of pledges and donations.
- Administer capital campaigns and special collections.
- Plan stewardship events and mailings.
- Assist with special fundraising projects as needed.
- Advise parishes, schools, and associated entities as needed with their fundraising needs.
- Maintain agency agreements with investors.
- Execute and monitor loans by the Foundation according to the lending guidelines of the Foundation.
- Manage Endowments according to the proper restrictions of the Endowments, assuring that funds are distributed in a timely manner.
- In consultation with the Finance Officer of the Diocese of Crookston, manage cash flow of the Foundation.
- Manage Custodial Fund, assuring the restrictions and designations of the deposits are honored, and that funds are distributed to proper assignees in a timely manner.
- Serve as Ex officio chairperson of the Faith for Tomorrow Grant Committee.
- Manage annuities.
- Assure adherence of Foundation By-Laws and policies
- Assure Foundation bookkeeping is current and accurate.
- In collaboration with the Finance Officer of the Diocese of Crookston, ensure that the annual audit of the Foundation is executed in a timely manner.
How to Apply:
Submit resume including references and cover letter to Cody at [email protected].