Posted: May 2023
St. John Paul II Newman Center - University of Illinois Chicago
The Development Director for St. John Paul II Center will be responsible for the planning, organizing and directing of the fundraising and development initiatives for the St. John Paul II Neman Center at UIC including regular alumni and benefactor relations, major gifts programs, annual funds/appeals, planned giving, special events, and capital campaigns. They will also be responsible for collaborating with the chaplain and director of campus ministry to oversee certain business aspects of the Newman Center, including Cor Coffee, the parking lot, and other sources of income.
The salary range is $60-65k
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution of higher education
- 3-5 years of professional experience in fundraising, event planning, and donor relations preferred
- Understanding of fundraising programs and prospecting strategies
- Excellent writing, verbal, proof-reading, and communication skills, including social media skills
- Excellent administrative and collaborative skills, including strong planning, interpersonal, project management, analytical, problem solving, and budgeting skills. Demonstrates the ability to maintain clear, accurate records and prepare accurate and timely reports.
- Is a “self-starter” and goal-driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls. Is pro-active in building overall external relationships.
- An empathy with the ethos of the Catholic Church. Ability to articulate effectively the values and missions of the chaplaincy. Affinity with the overall mission of the Archdiocese of Chicago.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, recognize, and retain major donor support, including through regular contacts in person, by phone, and through electronic means.
- Direct the annual fund program and special appeals, including mailings and annual fundraising drives, within budget parameters.
- Educate donors and the general public about the mission, vision, and activities of the St. John Paul II Newman Center.
- Plan, coordinate and execute fundraising and development events.
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems; acknowledge donors and pledges.
- Research, identify, and pursue sources of new funding for individual prospects.
- Cultivate, solicit, and thoughtfully steward current and prospective donors.
- Oversee grant-seeking, including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements as needed.
- Update development content on campus ministry website as necessary. Collaborate with the Stewardship and Development Department on prospecting and stewardship.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
How to Apply:
Apply by clicking here. For more information, contact Fr. Connor Danstrom at [email protected].