Posted: May 2023
Christ the King University Parish (Missoula, MT)
Christ the King Parish is a dual parish and Newman center for the University of Montana. Our parish has been steadily growing with new families and young adults, and currently serves 510 families. Furthermore, Griz Catholic, our campus ministry, has greatly expanded since the introduction of FOCUS, Fellowship of Catholic University Students. Roughly 150 university students are served through our ministry.
The Development Director reports directly to the Pastor and is responsible for completing Christ the King’s "That They May Be One" capital campaign as well as general parish and Newman center fundraising. The campaign is beginning its public phase, and an ideal candidate will assist in completion of the public phase and the further development of the pledge phase. The Development Director will work to support Griz Catholic by increasing operational income and help serve our growing student population. Petrus Development and our current development director will serve as a resource to help train, grow, and educate our new development director. While preferred, no development experience is necessary.
1. Employee Exempt Status
2. 403(b)(7) Retirement Savings Plan
3. Health Insurance (Including HSA)
4. Dental/Vision Insurance
5. Life Insurance
6. Vacation and Sick Leave Benefits
Other benefits are highlighted in the Diocese of Helena employee handbook.
$45,000 annually, negotiable according to experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the continued planning, execution, and efforts of the “That They May Be One” capital campaign and related project management.
- Lead the capital campaign committee as chairperson and liaison to the development office.
- Maintain and update pledges, including work with current benefactors to assist in pledge fulfillment.
- Manage campaign budget, including campaign expenses and revenue.
- Complete any final marketing materials related to the “That They May Be One” campaign.
General Parish and Campus Ministry Fundraising
- Responsible for all matters related to the execution, management, and support of the general parish and campus ministry fundraising.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, finalize, and process gifts. Maintain an active pool of prospective benefactors who can support the organization through our internal database, Virtuous.
- Assist in scheduling, coordination and follow-up of face-to-face visits for the Pastor or other staff and volunteers as appropriate.
- Supervise the stewardship process, including prompt gift acknowledgement, for all benefactors.
- Plan and supervise direct mail, annual appeals, special events, distribution of newsletters, and other solicitation activities as needed.
- Supervise the alumni class gift project, and future class gifts.
- Serve as liaison between the development office and the finance council, including attending monthly finance meetings.
- Meet weekly with and perform additional duties as assigned by the Pastor to includespecial projects to assist in the overall fundraising efforts.
- A practicing and faithful Catholic in good standing, who loves the Church and sees development work at Catholic campus ministry centers as an essential ministry.
- Baccalaureate degree or higher.
- Thorough knowledge of fundraising principles or a willingness to learn. Training will be provided by our current development director and consultants.
- Enthusiasm and excellent people skills are essential. The successful candidate must have the flexibility to handle the needs of a fast-paced office and benefactors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and to lead and motivate others, especially volunteers.
- Thoroughness in planning and implementing work, including goals, budget, timetables, and action steps to achieve objectives.
- Ability to work effectively with the Director, other staff members, a development consultant, campus representatives, and volunteers.
- Affinity with, and passion for, the overall mission of the organization.
To apply, send resume to both:
Pastor: Fr. Kirby Longo, [email protected]
Director of Development: Tanner Leone, [email protected]