Posted: June 2022
Santa Fe Family Life Center (Oklahoma City, OK)
The Development Director is responsible for overseeing the development activities of the Santa Fe Family Life Center (SFFLC), which operates Oklahoma’s largest independent 501(c)3 non-profit, multi-use sports facility. SFFLC’s Oklahoma City location is currently the only facility in Central and Western Oklahoma offering year-round multi-sport adaptive programs. The qualified applicant will help with programming, fundraising, and other administrative activities across facilities designed for individuals of all abilities that provide athletic memberships, such as fitness, tennis, squash, pickleball and swimming, and host a variety of sports programs, including basketball and volleyball. SFFLC has an operating budget of more than $1,300,000 and a team of approximately 5 full-time employees, 10 part-time employees and 100 contractors. The Development Director reports directly to the Executive Director. Starting in 2023, SFFLC will also operate the Young Family Athletic Center in Norman, approximately tripling the size of existing operations.
Job Type: The position is a full-time role based at one of SFFLC’s locations, although working hours can be flexible with the potential for a portion of work to be completed on a remote basis.
- Partner with the Executive Director to set the long-term strategic direction of the SFFLC Development efforts to fulfill the mission of providing sports activities opportunities for people of all abilities.
- Continually enhance communications with community partners, individual benefactors, foundations and volunteers to support significant growth.
- Assist the Executive Director in all matters related to the execution, management, and support of the development program. Conduct a minimum of twenty (20) face-to-face visits monthly with potential benefactors in the form of Discovery, Cultivation, Solicitation or Stewardship meetings.
- Maintain an active pool of prospective benefactors who can support the organization.
- Expand the current Development efforts of SFFLC focusing on growth in our benefactor solicitation, grant writing, and our annual events.
- Execute communication for SFFLC information through emails, newsletters, social media, and external communications.
- Expand income from sponsorships to underwrite additional programming, accelerated debt reduction, and endowment development.
- Accept and carry out additional duties as required.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study required with a master's preferred.
- Detail oriented with a track record of completing tasks, projects, and goals.
- Development experience of 3+ years or equivalent experience preferred.
- Non-profit and fundraising experience in Oklahoma preferred, or a demonstrated ability to quickly relocate, establish relationships, and grow donor base
- Strong interpersonal and public-relations skills required. Ability to professionally communicate verbally and otherwise with news/media organizations and public officials, as well as our board of directors, community partners, sponsors and patrons
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience starting with a minimum of $55,000. Performance bonuses of up to 50% are possible.
How to Apply:
Please send resume and letter of interest to [email protected].