Posted: June 2022
St. Albert the Great University Parish (Houghton, MI)
The Development Director reports directly to the Pastor and is responsible for leading and managing the development (fundraising) program, raising funds for the ministry and programs of the parish, and managing all committees and advisory boards involved in development activities.
Job Type: Regular/Full-time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all matters related to the execution, management, and support of the development (fundraising) program.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and close gifts. Maintain an active pool of prospective benefactors who can support the organization.
- Conduct a minimum of twenty (20) face-to-face visits monthly with potential benefactors in the form of Discovery, Cultivation, Solicitation or Stewardship meetings.
- Assist in scheduling, coordination and follow-up of face-to-face visits for the Pastor or other staff and volunteers as appropriate.
- Supervise the stewardship process, including prompt gift acknowledgement, for all benefactors.
- Prepare reports as appropriate and submit to the Pastor.
- Plan and supervise special events, direct mail, phone-a-thon, and other solicitation activities as needed.
- Assist in the production and distribution of newsletters, brochures and other marketing materials in support of the organization.
- Direct the organization and management of the comprehensive development program through supervision of volunteers and staff.
- Prepare annual plans for all fund development activities. Develop and maintain a three-year plan for the development program which is updated annually.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Pastor to include special projects to assist in the overall fund-raising efforts.
- A practicing and faithful Catholic in good standing, who loves the Church and sees development work at Catholic campus ministry centers as an essential ministry.
- Involvement in a campus ministry program as a student, or three years’ demonstrated success and experience in managing a fund development program.
- Thorough knowledge of fundraising principles or a willingness to learn them.
- Enthusiasm and excellent people skills are essential. The successful candidate must have the flexibility to handle the needs of a fast-paced office and the special needs of benefactors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel and Publisher
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and to lead and motivate others.
- Thoroughness in planning and implementing work, including goals, budget, timetables, and action steps to achieve objectives.
- Ability to work effectively with the Pastor, other staff members, campus representatives, and volunteers.
- Willingness to travel, especially by car, 25-35% of the time, especially to Lower Michigan and around the Midwest, for face-to-face meetings with prospects and benefactors
- Must possess a driver’s license
- Affinity with, and passion for, the overall mission of the campus ministry.
$35,000 to $60,000, dependent upon education and experience.
How to Apply:
Submit application by clicking here.
Or, if you prefer, you can send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Fr. Ben Hasse
St. Albert the Great University Parish
411 MacInnes Drive
Houghton, MI 49931