Posted: June 2021
The Gift Processing and Research Officer reports directly to the Pastor of St. Augustine, and will manage gift processing, database and research activities utilizing Blackbaud Church Management and the Raiser's Edge software program. Responsible for accepting, recording, and acknowledging all donations to the church; developing mailing lists for direct mail, events, special campaigns; generating reports of donation activities, research and analyze philanthropic giving with the intention of cultivating major gifts, planned gifts and capital campaign donations.
- Ability to understand and practice the mission of St. Augustine Church & Catholic Student Center
- Language: Proficiency in oral/written English; Spanish preferred; additional languages a plus (i.e., Creole)
- Skills: Proficiency in computer (Blackbaud/Raiser’s Edge, Word, Excel, other data collecting programs).
- Successful completion of Toxicology test and of Criminal Background Check.
- Commitment to the Values and Mission of the Archdiocese of Miami as well as St. Augustine Church and Catholic Student Center.
- Manages and administers the data in Raiser’s Edge of all donations received.
- Oversees the accuracy of the data entry of appropriate attribute codes, notes, and actions for constituents.
- Coordinates data entry including gifts-in-kind, prospect and donor tracking, contact, and volunteer data.
- Develops and prepares gift Thank You letters. In addition to the entering of contributions, pledge payments, and events proceeds into the system, ensuring donors receive timely acknowledgement letters, receipts, and invoices for contributions.
- Requires segmenting donors for correct letter assignment, obtaining signatures for in-house acknowledgment letter, and sending letters for bulk acknowledgments to fulfillment vendor for printing of letters/envelopes, folding, stuffing, and mailing on a timely basis.
- Manages and processes Matching Gift forms.
- Examines donor's current and historical giving data as well as data from external sources to identify best annual, planned, and major giving prospects, including target gift ranges.
- Uncovers new prospects and relationships between prospects with Research Point to support cultivation and solicitation efforts.
- Reviews and reassigns the codification of wealth indicators to manage direct mail solicitation activities and reports those prospects with the highest capacity and propensity ratings.
- Records, updates, and tracks door prospect information obtained internally.
- Oversees and pulls reports through Research Point.
- Creates and generates donor reports, lists, queries, and templates for various departments detailing corporate, foundation and individual gifts.
- Constructs and produces analytical reports, charts, and graphs to assist the pastor and development staff/volunteers to assess the effectiveness of St. Augustine’s fundraising activities. Assists with prospect research and provides donor profiles.
- Assists with direct mail solicitations and newsletters, with primary emphasis on the data preparation and recording required for these mailings.
- Generates daily/weekly status reports and completes monthly reconciliation with Finance and Accounting.
- Trains relevant team members in the use of Raiser's Edge on an as needed basis.
- Provides quality control for all income processing and database inputting.
- Recommends new fields and applications of database. Routinely revises software configurations.
- Assists other departments with volunteer tracking in Blackbaud Church Management.
- Other Duties as requested.
Send cover letter and resume via email to:
St. Augustine Catholic Church
ATTN: Rev. Richard Vigoa