Director of Development - Catholic Newman Center at Eastern Washington University
Posted June 5, 2018
Catholic Newman Center at Eastern Washington University, Cheney, Washington
The Development Director reports directly to the Director of Campus Ministry and is responsible for leading and managing the fund development program, raising funds for the ministry and programs of Newman Community: Catholic Campus Ministry at Eastern Washington University, and managing all committees involved in fund development activities. Lastly, they must be passionate about changing the lives of students at the Catholic Newman Center.
- Prepare annual plans for all fund development activities. Develop and maintain a three-year plan for the development program which is updated annually.
- Responsible for all matters related to the execution, management, and support of the fund development program.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and close gifts. Maintain an active pool of prospective benefactors who can support the ministry.
- Conduct a minimum of twenty (20) face-to-face visits monthly with potential benefactors in the form of Discovery, Cultivation, Solicitation or Stewardship meetings.
- Assist in scheduling, coordination and follow-up of face-to-face visits for the Director of Campus Ministry or other staff and volunteers as appropriate.
- Supervise the stewardship process, including prompt gift acknowledgement, for all benefactors.
- Prepare reports as appropriate and submit to the Director of Campus Ministry.
- Plan and supervise direct mail, phone-a-thon, special event, and other solicitation activities as needed.
- Plan and supervise the production and distribution of newsletters, brochures and other marketing materials in support of the campus ministry.
- Direct the organization and management of the comprehensive development program through supervision of volunteers and development staff.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Director to include special projects to assist in the overall fund-raising efforts.
- A practicing and faithful Catholic in good standing, who loves the Church and sees development work at Catholic campus ministry centers as an essential ministry.
- Baccalaureate degree or higher.
- Involvement in a campus ministry program as a student, or three years’ demonstrated success and experience in managing a fund development program.
- Thorough knowledge of fund-raising principles or a willingness to learn them.
- Enthusiasm and excellent people skills are essential. The successful candidate must have the flexibility to handle the needs of a fast-paced office and the special needs of benefactors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and to lead and motivate others, especially volunteers.
- Thoroughness in planning and implementing work, including goals, budget, timetables, and action steps to achieve objectives.
- Ability to work effectively with the Director, other staff members, a development consultant, campus representatives, and volunteers.
- Affinity with, and passion for, the overall mission of the Catholic Campus Ministry.
How To Apply
Send cover letter and resume to Fr. Paul Heric, Director of the Catholic Newman Center at email@example.com.
Feel free to call if you have questions 509-599-8437.