Development Associate - University Catholic Center - Austin
Posted: August 2019
University Catholic Center – Austin, Texas
The University Catholic Center, the Catholic campus ministry at the University of Texas at Austin, seeks a development (fundraising) officer to work with our Advancement team, providing the financial resources to support our diverse programs for the University community. The Development Associate will report to the Director of Advancement, collaborate with a part-time development colleague, and possibly manage a volunteer or intern. This position is a great opportunity for an ambitious and committed employee to build a long-term career in a growing program with ample professional formation and advancement opportunities.
The University Catholic Center invites the University of Texas community into a transformative encounter with Jesus Christ and provides Catholic formation for lifelong discipleship, leadership, and service. Our staff of 10 is highly collaborative, close-knit, interfaith, committed to our mission, and eager to bring new colleagues into our team.
Areas of Focus
- Write appeals for quarterly campaigns, design and send via direct mail, email marketing program, and social media
- Proper stewardship of benefactors through thank you notes, phone calls, social media, and digital/print reports
- Manage monthly giving program through aforementioned means with added stewardship to accomplish donor retention
- Grant research, grant writing, compliance monitoring and reporting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for a large audience
- Self-starter with ambition to push toward initiatives and delegate tasks to colleagues
- Team-oriented project management through the use of web-based programs listed below
- Familiarity with the grant writing process
- Experienced supervisor of volunteers and/or interns
- Excellence or quick learner with computer-based tools: MS Office, database management, Slack, Canva, MailChimp/ConstantContact, Online payment processing, Google suite, wiki,
- 2 years experience in fundraising, development, marketing, or a related field
- Background in ministry or non-profit work through volunteerism or employment
- Qualified for Diocese of Austin child protection training and protocols
$30,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
How To Apply
To apply, please contact Fr. Larry Rice at email@example.com.