Director of Development - CCM at College of William & Mary
Posted Aug 10, 2018
Development Director CCM at College of William & Mary
Catholic Campus Ministry at the College of William & Mary seeks a full-time Director of Development. The Development Director reports to the Director and is responsible for leading and managing the fund development program, raising funds for the ministry and programs of Catholic Campus Ministry, and managing all committees involved in fund development activities.
- Prepare annual plans for all fund development activities. Develop and maintain a three-year plan for the development program which is updated annually.
- Responsible for all matters related to the execution, management, and support of the fund development program.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and close gifts. Maintain an active pool of prospective benefactors who can support the ministry.
- Conduct a minimum of twenty (20) face-to-face visits monthly with potential benefactors in the form of Discovery, Cultivation, Solicitation or Stewardship meetings.
- Assist in scheduling, coordination and follow-up of face-to-face visits for the Chaplain or Director of Catholic Campus Ministry or other volunteers as appropriate.
- Supervise the stewardship process, including prompt gift acknowledgement, for all benefactors.
- Prepare reports as appropriate and submit to the Director.
- Maintain up-to-date mailing lists and donor database using Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge database system.
- Plan and supervise direct mail, including three appeal letters, two newsletters, an annual report, and occasional postcard campaigns annually.
- Plan and supervise special events, including one annual Benefit Gala, two-three alumni outreach events, and occasional fundraising receptions annually.
- Assist in ministry’s external e-communications through email, website, Facebook, Instagram, and other social media outlets.
- Work closely with Leadership Council and Development Committee.
- Direct the organization and management of the comprehensive development program through supervision of volunteers, part-time administrative assistant, and student interns.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Director to include special projects to assist in the overall fund-raising efforts.
- A practicing and faithful Catholic in good standing, who loves the Church and sees development work at Catholic campus ministry centers as an essential ministry.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Involvement in a campus ministry program as a student, or three years’ demonstrated success and experience in managing a fund development program.
- Thorough knowledge of fund-raising principles or a willingness to learn them.
- Enthusiasm and excellent people skills are essential. The successful candidate must have the flexibility to handle the needs of a fast-paced office and the special needs of benefactors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and to lead and motivate others, especially volunteers.
- Thoroughness in planning and implementing work, including goals, budget, timetables, and action steps to achieve objectives.
- Willingness to travel, primarily in-state, but occasionally out-of-state, for donor visits.
- Ability to work effectively with the Director, Chaplain, other staff members, campus representatives, and volunteers.
- The candidate should be prepared to work as part of a dynamic campus ministry team, actively participating in team meetings to envision, plan, and coordinate activities.
- Affinity with, and passion for, the overall mission of the Catholic Campus Ministry.
How To Apply
To apply, send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to: