Associate Director of Development - University of Wisconsin - Platteville
Posted: May 30, 2019
St. Augustine University Parish, Platteville, WI
Our Mission is to support, challenge and inspire students, faculty and staff to grow in faith and live out their call to be true disciples of Christ on campus and in their daily lives. Founded on Christ’s teachings and the Eucharist we prepare Catholic leaders for service to the Church and world through the pillars of Faith, Community and Service.
The Associate Director of Development reports directly to the Director of Development and is responsible for working with the Director of Development to raise funds for the ministry and programs of St. Augustine University Parish at the University of Wisconsin – Platteville. Primary responsibilities and relationships with other people in the institution are outlined below.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the development and maintaining a three-year plan for the development program, which is updated annually.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and close gifts. Maintain an active pool of prospective benefactors who can support the ministry.
- Conduct a minimum of fifteen (15) face-to-face visits monthly with potential benefactors in the form of Discovery, Cultivation, Solicitation or Stewardship meetings.
- Assist in scheduling, coordination and follow-up of face-to-face visits for the Chaplain, the Director of Development, other staff and volunteers as appropriate.
- Supervise the stewardship process, including prompt gift acknowledgement, for all benefactors.
- Maintain the database.
- Plan and supervise direct mail, phone-a-thon, special event, and other solicitation activities as needed at the direction of the director.
- Plan and supervise the production and distribution of newsletters, brochures and other marketing materials in support of the campus ministry at the direction of the director.
- Assist in banquet preparation at the direction of the director.
- Assist in fulfilling marketing plan at the direction of the director.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Director of Development to include special projects to assist in the overall fund-raising efforts.
- A practicing and faithful Catholic in good standing, who loves the Catholic Church and sees development work at St. Augustine’s as an essential ministry.
- Baccalaureate degree or higher.
- Involvement in a campus ministry program as a student, or three years’ demonstrated success and experience in managing a fund development program.
- Thorough knowledge of fund-raising principles or a willingness to learn them.
- Enthusiasm and excellent people skills are essential. The successful candidate must have the flexibility to handle the needs of a fast-paced office and the special needs of benefactors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including face-to- face and telephone conversation.
- Knowledge and experience working with a database, preferably a CRM database.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and to lead and motivate others, especially volunteers.
- Thoroughness in planning and implementing work, including goals, budget, timetables, and action steps to achieve objectives.
- Ability to work effectively with the Chaplain, Director of Development, other staff members, campus representatives, and volunteers.
- Affinity with, and passion for, the overall mission of St. Augustine’s.
How To Apply
To apply, send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to: email@example.com
Please, no phone calls.