Posted: March 2020
Catholic Campus Ministry Association
Summary of Position
The Catholic Campus Ministry Association seeks a Director of Mission Advancement to guide its annual fundraising and communications efforts. This individual, a dynamic Catholic with a heart for the Church and campus ministry, will report directly to the Executive Director. CCMA seeks to revolutionize campus ministry within the next 10 years, building a new kind of non-profit that is creative, collaborative and visionary.
Practical Benefits of Working for CCMA
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with market standards in addition to a performance incentive plan. A travel and communications allowance in addition to a MacBook Air laptop and use of a coworking space at the national office in Stirling, NJ.
- Prepare and implement annual plan for all the fund development activities. This includes producing or managing the production of development communication materials such as newsletters, appeals, annual reports, e-newsletters, etc.
- Conduct a minimum of 100 face-to-face visits annually with potential benefactors in the form of Discovery, Cultivation, Solicitation or Stewardship meetings.
- Assist in scheduling, coordination and follow-up of face-to-face visits for the Executive Director or other staff and volunteers as appropriate.
- Supervise the stewardship process, including prompt gift acknowledgement for all benefactors.
- Assist the Executive Director in soliciting sponsorships for CCMA events (convention, summer institute, etc.)
- Direct the organization's communication efforts so as to tell the "good news" of Catholic campus ministry through print, social media and video assets.
- A practicing and faithful Catholic in good standing, who loves the Church and sees development and communications work as an essential aspect of Catholic campus ministry.
- Baccalaureate degree or higher.
- Involvement in a campus ministry program as a student, or three years demonstrated success and experience in managing a fund development program (either for personal ministry endeavors or for an organization).
- Thorough knowledge of fundraising principles or a willingness to learn them.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- High level of technological skill.
- A growth-mindset and desire to improve as an adult learner and as a professional.
- An ability to work with a team within a remote context.
- Comfort with travel.
Strategic Areas of Focus
- Assist the Executive Director in the engagement of the CCMA Board in development, specifically by asking for referrals and introductions to potential benefactors.
- Utilize invitations and scheduled CCMA events to introduce the Executive Director to local donors and prospects.
- Identifying key prospects and designing strategies for engagement:
- Past and current CCMA donors
- University presidents & Student Affairs administrators (Catholic and non-Catholic schools)
- US Bishops
- Focus on engaging all benefactors in setting up automatically recurring donations to CCMA as part of a renewable giving group.
- Solicit recurring donations from program participants through follow up after training sessions.
- Recruit volunteers with charitable capacity and propensity to give for an Advancement Council.
- Lead CCMA's communications efforts online and via print resources.
Follow Up Today
Send cover letter and resume to Dr. Michael St. Pierre, Executive Director: email@example.com. In addition, a writing sample is required that speaks to a candidate's philosophy of fundraising and strategic communications within a Catholic ministry context. This position is available as of July 1, 2020.