2018 Petrus Leadership Conference
January 7-10, 2018: The Petrus Leadership Conference is a three-day conference designed to inspire, equip and connect you to the ideas, tools and people you need to succeed. The Petrus leadership team, together with notable guest speakers, focuses on issues of importance to Catholic priests, directors and development professionals working to strengthen ministry, as well as instruction and guidance on the “nuts and bolts” of development work. It is also great for networking with ministry peers. Attendees leave well-informed and recharged!
Our attendees may look forward to relevant topics and dynamic speakers! Conference sessions will offer the critical insight needed for your ministry. Return home with renewed enthusiasm for your mission. Below is a glimpse at the topics that will be covered by the speakers at the 2018 Petrus Leadership Conference. More topics and speakers will be announced as the event gets closer.
- Metrics in Development and Ministry – Jamie Cappetta; President, USC Caruso Catholic Center
- Benefactor Stewardship – Mike Perkins; Sr. Director of Philanthropy, FOCUS
- 5 Signs of Organizational Health – Marcel LeJeune; Founder & President, Catholic Missionary Disciples
- Getting the Most from Your Leadership Council – Linda Domeyer; Director of Advancement, Washington University Catholic Student Center
- What’s Trending in Catholic Campus Ministry – Mike St. Pierre; Executive Director, Catholic Campus Ministry Association
- Are you “Campaign Ready?” – Peter de Keratry; Executive Director of Stewardship & Development, Archdiocese of Oklahoma City
- Technology in Fundraising – Sarah Rose; Consultant, Petrus Development
Cost to Attend:
Registration fee includes access to over 20 sessions led by leaders in the Catholic and Advancement communities; breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks (Monday dinner is on your own); networking with dozens of peers across the country and a renewed sense of enthusiasm toward ministry and fundraising.
Early Bird Registration (Aug 1 – Oct 15): $395
- Standard Registration (Oct 16 – Dec 1): $450
- Late Registration (Dec 2 – Dec 15): $495
Bring Your Team!
- Registered 3 regular registrations and receive the 4th 50% off!
- Registered 4 regular registrations and receive the 5th 75% off!
- Registered 5 regular registrations and receive the 6th FREE!
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Eddie J. “Ed” Davis
We are very excited to announce that Dr. Ed Davis will be our Keynote Speaker for 2018 Petrus Leadership Conference. Dr. Davis brings over 20 years of development and leadership experience to the table. As a leader in university fundraising and a long-time advisor to St. Mary’s Catholic Center at Texas A&M University, Dr. Davis will share his insights for how to build a vision and implement the strategy and techniques to see it become reality.
Dr. Eddie J. “Ed” Davis served as President of the Texas A&M Foundation for 23 years, retiring in 2016. As president of the Texas A&M Foundation from 1993 to 2016, he led the fundraising effort that supports Texas A&M. The seven-year One Spirit One Vision campaign, which ended December 31, 2006, raised more than $1.5 billion (more than 50 percent above the campaign goal). More than 1,700 student scholarships, 117 graduate fellowships, 69 faculty chairs and 62 professorships were created during this campaign. Ed and his wife JoAnn are now serving as Campaign Chairs for the $20 million St. Mary’s New Church Campaign.
Plenary Speaker: Marcel LeJeune – “5 Signs of Organizational Health”
Marcel LeJeune is the President and Founder of Catholic Missionary Disciples. As a Catholic evangelist, international speaker, and award-winning author, Marcel loves to share his greatest passion – helping others come to know the love of Jesus and how to share that love with others. Marcel served as the Associate Director of Campus Ministry at St. Mary’s Catholic Center at Texas A&M University for 11 years, the largest campus ministry in the country. Previous to that position, he was the Director of Campus Ministry at St. Elizabeth’s University Parish at Texas Tech University. He holds a Master of Theological Studies, specializing in Pastoral Theology.
He is the author of three books and has contributed to several others. Marcel’s articles have been published in many national Catholic magazines, newspapers, and websites. He is a regular guest on EWTN radio and Relevant Radio. He has also been featured on EWTN Television. His book, “Cleansed: A Catholic Guide to Freedom From Porn” was a 1st place winner in the Catholic Press Association’s book awards. The most important part of his life, and his vocation, is being a husband and father. Marcel and his wife, Kristy, have five children.