Bookkeeper/Development Assistant - CCM at University of Wisconsin - Platteville
Posted March 26, 2018
Bookkeeper/Development Assistant – CCM at University of Wisconsin – Platteville
The Bookkeeper reports directly to the Chaplain/Director and creates financial transactions and creates financial reports from that information. The creation of financial transactions includes posting information to accounting software from such source documents as invoices to customers, cash receipts, and supplier invoices. The bookkeeper also reconciles accounts to ensure their accuracy. The person in this position will also support the Development Director and his team maintaining the donor database and other activities as requested.
- Purchase supplies and equipment as authorized by management
- Monitor office supply levels and reorder as necessary
- Pay supplier invoices in a timely manner
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits
- Record EFT’s, credit cards, etc.
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of every bank account
- Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
- Maintain the petty cash fund
- Issue monthly financial statements to Chaplain/Director
- Provide information to the external accountant who creates the Ministry’s financial statements
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain the annual budget
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Maintain donor database
- Provide clerical and administrative support, including maintaining Razor’s Edge database, and other fundraising/development functions in conjunction with the development team
- Additional Duties as assigned by Chaplain/Director
- Associate degree in accounting or higher, will consider equivalent accounting experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks
- Thoroughness in planning and implementing work, including goals, budget, timetables, and action steps to achieve objectives.
- Ability to work effectively with the Chaplain Director, and other staff members
- The candidate should be prepared to work as part of a dynamic campus ministry team, actively participating in team meetings to envision, plan, and coordinate activities will be expected.
How To Apply
To apply, send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to: