Director of Development - Ablaze Ministries
Posted March 7, 2018
Ablaze Ministries, Bryan, Texas
The Development Director reports directly to the President at Ablaze Ministries and is responsible for leading and managing the fund development program, raising funds for the ministry and programs of Ablaze Ministries. Primary responsibilities and relationships with other people in the institution are outlined below.
- Develop and maintain a three-year plan for the development program which is updated annually.
- Responsible for all matters related to the execution, management, and support of the fund development program and fundraising events.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and close gifts. Maintain an active pool of prospective benefactors who can support the ministry.
- Conduct a minimum of twenty (20) face-to-face visits monthly with potential benefactors in the form of Discovery, Cultivation, Solicitation or Stewardship meetings.
- Assist in scheduling, coordination and follow-up of face-to-face visits for the President or other staff and volunteers as appropriate.
- Supervise the stewardship process, including prompt gift acknowledgement, for all benefactors.
- Prepare reports as appropriate and submit to the President.
- Plan and supervise direct mail, special events, and other solicitation activities as needed.
- Plan and supervise the production and distribution of newsletters, brochures and other marketing materials in support of the ministry.
- Direct the organization and management of the comprehensive development program through supervision of volunteers and development staff.
- Train Ablaze missionaries in best practices in personal fundraising strategies and techniques.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the President to include special projects to assist in the overall fund-raising efforts.
- A practicing and faithful Catholic in good standing, who loves the Church and sees development work for Catholic ministry as an essential ministry
- Baccalaureate degree or higher
- Three years’ demonstrated success and experience in managing a fund development program or equivalent experience.
- Thorough knowledge of fund-raising principles or a willingness to learn
- Enthusiasm and excellent people skills are essential.
- The successful candidate must have the flexibility to handle the needs of a fast-paced office and the special needs of benefactors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and to lead and motivate others, especially volunteers.
- Thoroughness in planning and implementing work, including goals, budget, timetables, and action steps to achieve objectives.
- Ability to work effectively with the President, other staff members, a development consultant, and volunteers
- Affinity with, and passion for, the overall mission of Ablaze Ministries
How To Apply
To apply, send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to: