Director of Development - Our Lady of Wisdom University Parish
Posted Jan 25, 2018
Texas State University Catholic Campus Ministry – Our Lady of Wisdom University Parish
The Development Director fulfills the mission of the our campus ministry and
Parish by planning, guiding, and evaluating the development efforts in
fundraising, marketing, event planning, grant writing, communication, alumni
affairs and public relations. The Development Director has decision making
responsibilities within essential job functions, in keeping with applicable
1. Plans and executes the overall development program in keeping with
Parish needs, strategic plans and budget objectives.
2. Prepares annual plans for all development activities.
3. Responsible for all matters related to the execution, management, and
support of the development program.
4. Identify, cultivate, solicit and close gifts.
5. Direct the organization and management of the comprehensive
development program through supervision of volunteers and
6. Perform additional duties as assigned by the Pastor to include special
projects to assist in the overall fund-raising efforts.
7. Collaborates effectively
8. Acts as a witness to Gospel values by modeling the teachings of the
1. Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree
2. 3- 5 years of demonstrated success and experience in managing a
development program or equivalent
3. Knowledge of CRM software
4. Able to communicate effectively in English in written and verbal form
5. Able to be a team player
7. Critical thinking and planning
8. Knowledge of the basic teachings of the Catholic church
9. Affinity with and passion for the overall mission of the Catholic campus
1. Working hours will vary but this is a full time exempt position
2. Possess a valid Texas driver’s license and auto insurance.
3. Practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church.
How To Apply
A cover letter addressing the applicant’s experience related to the position
responsibilities, qualifications and any other characteristics which deserve
emphasis, and a current resume should be sent to email@example.com.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the
position is filled. Please send application materials to Alex Martinez, Parish
Business Administrator of Our Lady of Wisdom University Parish serving Texas State University at firstname.lastname@example.org or 100 Concho Street, San Marcos, TX 78666.