Assistant Director of Catechesis and Student Formation - University of Tulsa
Posted Mar 30, 2017
St. Philip Neri Newman Center at the University of Tulsa
The St. Philip Neri Catholic Newman Center at The University of Tulsa is looking to hire an Assistant Director of Catechesis and Student Formation. The individual will be responsible for enhancing existing, promoting, and teaching catechesis. This individual will assist the Priest Chaplain with the formation of college students. The successful candidate will embrace the teachings of and be faithful to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church.
- Assist the Chaplain in his role as chief catechist of the Newman Center.
- In partnership with the Chaplain, research, plan, develop and implement a vision for catechesis and faith formation.
- Lead and instruct weekly RCIA and teach student faith formation classes.
- Collaborate with missionaries and college student leaders to provide catechetical resources, training and instruction to further their faith life and theological understanding
- Master’s degree of Arts in Theology or Leadership in the New Evangelization.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of Catholic catechesis and faith formation, including the Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults.
- Thorough knowledge of Catholic ecclesial life and structure, along with knowledge of church organizational and operational procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in a larger classroom setting and individually.
- Strong interpersonal skills, creativity, decision-making, use of discretion, teamwork, and ability to prioritize.
- Proficiency with computer and basic office software.
- Practicing Catholic who is motivated to continue their personal theological formation.
Hours and Compensation
- Full time; average 40 hours per week. This is a ministry position on a college campus- hours require personal flexibility
- A commensurate, full time salary plus benefits package